Licensed Roofing Contractor in Louisville, KY & Beyond
How can you tell when it may be time to replace your roof? The need for a new roof may be necessary if you have:
- Rotted decks
- Damaged framing
- Non-existent underlayments
- Flashing system that is deteriorated
- Flashing system that is improperly installed
- Shingles that are buckling, broken or missing
- Poor ventilation resulting in energy waste, ice dams, peeling paint, ceiling stains, and mold
- Leakage due to lack of leak barriers
The Green Star Roofing System
If it is time for a new roof its important that you choose the right company to protect your home and everything in it…
- Leak Barriers – Our durable rubber leak barriers are used as a shield against ice and water that could potentially damage your roof. We place leak barriers in the most vulnerable areas of your roof. Traditional barriers that most contractors will use are only 3 ft in length where as Green Star installs barriers that are 6 ft for a higher quality and longer lasting roof.
- Deck Protectors – We install premium underlayments that allows for a ”breathable“ roof deck. Our deck protectors resist moisture so it lays flatter for a better-looking roof. Conventional material used as deck protectors are known to absorb moisture causing severe buckling and wrinkling.
- Efficient Ventilation – Proper ventilation is important especially in newer homes that have efficient windows, siding and doors which minimizes air flow through the walls causing the moisture and air that once escaped to be carried up into the attic. Our roofing system has many ventilation options to keep your home balanced. Poor ventilation can cause energy waste, ice dams, rotting decks, premature roof decay, and mold. This is a very important part of the replacement roof design and process.
- Quality Shingles – Green Star uses shingles that are thicker, heavier, and have higher wind ratings.
- Enhanced Hip and Ridge Vents – Our ridge vent runs the entire length of the roof peak blending into the roofline for a more attractive home. Many contractors or roofers will use normal shingles and cut them to the size needed for these vents but at Green Star our hip and ridge vents are made specifically for the job at hand.
- Starter Shingles – Like the Hip and Ridge vents our starter shingles are made differently then the normal shingle. These specialized shingles help to create a higher quality roof.
Roofing is something that any person with a ladder and hammer think they can tackle. There are many key elements to make sure a roof is installed properly and last the life of a home, and this is what separates the truck and ladder guy compared to an expert installation. Contact us today for a FREE inspection and to see the Green Star difference and why more family’s choose us for their roof over anyone else.